Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Habs Hats

HabsMhabsq

Recently Mackenzie asked me to knit him up a Habs hat. The first one I knit up, didn’t fit Mackenzie, so I gave it to Quentin so then I had to knit another one for Mackenize as the hat was his request. I actually managed to get 2 hats out of the 3 balls of yarn that I used. I used a generic hat pattern from my memory to cast on the first hat, and adjusted for Mackenzie’s head for the second hat, adding stitches and rows. I used both US 10½ - 6.5 mm and US 11 - 8.0 mm needles for both hats. That hats were both very quick knits and I used colors 331, 301 and 351 in Schachenmayr Merino Extrafine 40. You can view the details of Mack’s hat here, and the details of Quentin’s hat here.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Nice job!!! The yarn must have been awesome to work with. Might have to try some soon myself. And holy cow would you please tell those boys of yours to stop growing??? Please??? Mack looks like a little man. No more baby. Oye!